5 Horse Racing Betting Strategies You Can Use on the Breeders Cup

0
288

The Breeders Cup is just around the corner. This is one of the most prestigious horse racing events in the US, so you can believe it will be full of betting opportunities, payouts, thrills, and even a chance to see your favorite celebrity. That said, if you’re a horse racing betting fan, this is a sporting event you shouldn’t miss.

If you want in on the fun, then you might want to brush up on your knowledge about horse racing betting strategies. If you agree, then you’re in luck because, in this article, we will be talking about some of the most reliable horse racing betting strategies that even veterans still use. And without further ado, let’s start.

Dutching

Of course, it won’t be an article about betting strategies without the mention of dutching. If you’re already familiar with sports betting, you probably know about dutching or at least heard of it once. So, how does dutching work? This strategy aims to profit by spreading your bets to different horses to increase your chances of winning. The bettor will use this so that even though only one of these bets wins, he will still get a profit.

For example, let’s say you want to bet $100 on a horse race of your choosing. Based on your research, horse #1 has a 30% chance of winning the race, #2 has a 25% chance, and #7 has 20%. Dutching will require you to divide $100 across the three horses so that the return is the same regardless if only one wins. You bet $43.48 on #1, $36.96 on #2 and $19.57 on #7.

The Beaten Favorite

This one requires a closer look at the horses, or more specifically, on their track record. Thankfully, this kind of information is readily available in racing forms. So, how does this strategy work? In this strategy, you will have to look for a horse that has won a race on the event before but lost their most recent race.

Why is this important? This is because some owners like changing things by having the horse run in another race. When that horse loses, it will have the horse return to the race where it dominates. If you see this kind of horse, it’s a huge advantage for you since you can bet on it because it has a huge chance of winning due to returning to its element. It’s like a basketball team returning to home court after losing a game on the road.

Laying the Favorite

We all know that favorites don’t win all the time. Favorites only win a third of their races, so theoretically, it’s much more profitable to lay on them instead, and that’s what you’ll essentially do in this strategy. Find a favorite and see its track record. If the horse has never won a race on a specific race before, like in the Breeders Cup, then you can lay on that horse instead. The horse is essentially a false favorite, which you can use to your advantage.

80/20

The unexpected often happens in horse racing. For example, a horse dominates most of the race, but in the last few meters, it suddenly slows down and becomes a placer instead of winning. It’s pretty frustrating because it feels like you have been scammed. But how do you counter it? You can do so by using this strategy.

 

The 80/20 strategy talks about betting 80% of your bet on the horse placing, and the rest of the 20% would be on the horse winning the race. For example, let’s say that you want to bet $10 on a specific tvg breeders cup race, and you have a horse in mind. 

If you’re not so confident about the horse winning but, at the same time, also feel that it has a good chance, then you can divide your $10 by betting on the horse placing with $8 and for it winning with $2.

Scalping

Now, this one is easy to get into. First, you must find two reputable bookies to use this strategy. Let’s say that you’re betting on a race in the Breeders Cup, and you have a horse in mind. On the first bookie, you should bet on the horse to win; on the second bookie, you can lay on that horse. The profit can be very small, but it’s pretty much assured. This strategy is good if your bankroll slowly diminishes and you want it to return to shape.

Final Words

The Breeders Cup is just a few months, and it will be big. With a lot of big payouts, better odds, and betting opportunities, this is a horse racing event that you shouldn’t miss. IfIf you want to profit from the event, you might want to use some of the horse racing betting strategies we discussed in this article. They’re effective and will surely help you win the big bucks.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here