Cannabis use for sleep is a time-honoured tradition that dates back hundreds or thousands of years. An increasing number of people are using it because it has various chemical properties that have been scientifically proven to aid sleep for years. Because the average person will spend roughly one-third of their life sleeping (230,000 hours), making the most of each hour is critical.
Only some people automatically fall asleep as soon as they get into bed, even though getting enough sleep is essential for our health and day-to-day functioning. According to estimates, 10% of the general population suffers from unfavourable daytime symptoms related to sleep problems, such as insomnia, and up to 30% of the general population suffers from sleep problems.
According to a recent study, cannabis helps people with sleep problems and those who do not fall asleep faster. Cannabis use reduced the time it took those who had difficulty falling asleep to fall asleep by an average of 30 minutes. Participants who had no trouble falling asleep were also included in the study. This group of people who slept a lot discovered that cannabis reduced the time it took to fall asleep by 15 minutes.
In this post, we will look at why cannabis is good for sleep and how it can help you in the future.
Cannabis users have many advantages when it comes to falling asleep. If you are unsure or uninformed about how this strange plant can assist with your sleep issues, continue reading.
Table of Contents
How Can I Use Weed For Sleep?
Many people are turning to cannabis as a natural remedy for the millions of people with insomnia and other sleep issues. This tutorial will go over the various ways marijuana can be used to induce sleep, as well as its efficacy as a sleep aid.
It’s critical to remember that everyone’s body is unique, so what works for one person may not work for another. We also recommend consulting a physician before smoking marijuana, especially if you are taking medication or have underlying health conditions.
Marijuana can be used to promote sleep in a variety of ways, including the following.
- Smoking or vaporizing a strain high in CBD and low in THC before bedtime: CBD is well-known for promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety, which may help sleep. THC-rich strains may first energize the user before causing drowsiness, so it may be preferable to seek out strains with a lower THC-to-CBD ratio. An example of this is the pink gas mask strain.
- Taking a marijuana-infused edible before bedtime: Edibles can be an effective way to use marijuana for sleep because the effects of sweets, such as gummies, cookies, and brownies, may last longer than those of smoking or vaporizing.
- Using a marijuana tincture before bedtime: There are cannabis tinctures that can be taken in pill form. They are simple to use and have the potential to be highly effective sleep aids.
- Using a transdermal patch or topical before bedtime: THC or CBD topicals or patches enter the bloodstream through the skin and can help induce sleep and relieve associated pain.
It is important to note that marijuana’s effects differ from individual to individual, and what is beneficial to one person may not be helpful to another. Begin with a low amount and slowly increase it until you find the ideal amount.
Furthermore, whether purchasing marijuana from a physical or online dispensary, it is critical to consult with a budtender about which strains are more likely to induce sleep than others. We recommend you visit Grasslife online because they have an entertaining and knowledgeable budtender who can answer any cannabis-related questions.
How Can a Lack of Sleep Affect Your Life?
Poor quality sleep can harm your lifestyle in several ways, including:
- Reduced productivity and concentration: Sleep deprivation can impair your ability to concentrate and function during the day. This can affect performance at work or school, making it difficult to finish projects or recall information.
- Adverse effects on physical health: Sleep deprivation can lead to various physical health problems, such as a weakened immune system, high blood pressure, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Adverse effects on mental health: Chronic sleep deprivation can harm mental health by increasing the likelihood of anxiety and depression.
- Increased risk of accidents: Sleep deprivation may increase the risk of slips, trips, and falls.
- Decrease in social interactions and relationships: Inadequate sleep can also hurt interpersonal interactions. Sleep deprivation can cause irritability, anger, and a lack of motivation to socialize, leading to disagreements with friends, family, and coworkers.
- Disruption of the daily routine: Inadequate, high-quality sleep may disrupt daily patterns, activities, and energy levels.
All of these effects have the potential to have an overall impact on life quality and well-being. It is critical to prioritize and maintain healthy sleeping habits to function well in daily life and maintain good physical and mental health.
Cannabis-infused sleep solutions offer effective and natural means to combat insomnia and other sleeping problems. These remedies can be combined or separately, depending on the desired outcome. From tinctures to edible products, there are numerous ways to use cannabis-infused products to help you fall asleep quicker and maintain a deeper, more restful sleep throughout the night. Additionally, it is essential to consult a doctor or healthcare professional before trying any sleep aid. Doing so will help maximize the product’s effectiveness and minimize potential side effects.