Brains, witches brew and worms, oh my! There is no other Holiday where you can be gross, gory, repulsive, hideous and grotesque! This is why I love Halloween. I mean, I made a jell-o brain and ate it. Yuck! That is where the fun in Halloween is. This year, my brain mold actually turned out. I added gummy worms inside the brain while it was in the refrigerator, which added to the gruesome details. I got the recipe from the Jell-o website and the only change I made was I used sugar free jell-o instead of the gelatin. I could not tell a different at all, the brain was delicious!
I also found a very easy non-alcoholic recipe for a punch. I call it my witches brew. Only three ingredients that you mix together right before serving. I also used the leftover gummy worms from the brain and displayed them in the punch for the extra gore factor. The website I found it off of has more scary ideas if you really want to go all out!
My wormy brain jell-o mold
It was pretty gross how real it looked
It sure did taste good
I forgot to take picture of the witches brew and once I remembered, it was already half gone!
Wormy Brain Recipe <~Click link for original recipe. The one listed below is my revised one~
What You Need:
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- Jell-o Halloween brain mold
- 2 pkg. sugar free .6oz cherry flavored jell-o
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks, divided
- Spray Jell-o Halloween Brain Mold with cooking spray; set aside. Add boiling water to gelatin mixes in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water; pour into mold. Drape some gummy worms over edge of mold.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Unmold gelatin onto plate just before serving. Poke holes in gelatin with straw; insert remaining fruit snacks in holes.
- 1 12 ounce can frozen limeade, thawed
- 1 (2 liter) bottle Sprite, 7-up, or gingerale (I used Sprite)
- 1 quart lime sherbet
- (optional) gummy worms, frozen strawberries, plastic spiders, plastic eyeballs, dry ice
- Mix limeade and Sprite (or 7-up, gingerale) in a punch bowl.
- Add lime sherbet by the spoonfuls.
- Garnish with gummy worms, plastic spiders and eyeballs, or frozen strawberries (witch hearts) is desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip 1: For a spooky fog effect take two bowls, one large and one slightly smaller, and fill the larger one with hot water and dry ice. Place the smaller bowl in the larger bowl and fill with swamp juice.
- Tip 2: To make the punch slushy place your Sprite in the freezer until it gets slightly frozen before adding it in.