The two “M” words. Modge Podge and Mason Jar. I think any crafter gets super excited hearing these two words in a sentence. I decided I wanted to dye my Mason Jar. I have seen many tutorials on them but they were too complicated for my liking. I figured I would try my own way and hope it would work out. And it did! This was super quick, easy and cheap! It took me about a half hour total and before I knew it, I had a new home decor piece. I cannot wait to try different colors for fall!
I used about 1/4 cup of Modge Podge
Added food coloring
Mixed until I got my desired color
I used a sponge brush to apply the mixture on the outside of the Mason Jar
I then put the jar in the oven using parchment paper at 150 degrees until the paint became translucent. Around 15-20 minutes.
Hot out of the oven
The final result
I added some flowers and have a cute new decor piece!
- Mason Jar
- Food coloring
- Modge Podge (I used matte)
- Parchment paper
- Sponge brush
- Heat oven at 150 degrees
- Pour 1/4 cup modge podge into a bowl
- Add any color food coloring and mix until you get your desired color
- Put parchment paper onto a oven safe tray (cookie tray)
- Turn Mason Jar upside down on parchment paper
- Take the sponge brush and thoroughly paint mixture on the outside of the jar
- Put tray into the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the mixture is translucent
- Take out of oven and let dry completely