If you have been focused, well fuelled and fully motivated to work out and would like to remain that way, you may need a good pre-workout supplement that can help you take your workouts up a notch. But how do you know which are the best ones though? It’s all in the ingredients. Here are some ingredients to keep an eye out for.
- Citrulline Malate – This is an amino acid that is actually produced by your body. This means that you have some of it in your body, but you need to increase this level in order to enjoy its benefits to the full. Once you do this, you will be increasing your performance by enhancing your energy levels. You will be able to see great muscle size and increased strength, faster.
- Beta-Alanine – This one tends to convert to carnosine once it is in the body. Its main purpose is to reduce how much fatigue your body experiences. The result is that you have better exercise performance.
- Creatine Monohydrate – This one has been used for many years by body builders across the world. It works by boosting the production of ATP in the muscles so that you can do more before you get to that point of exhaustion. As such, your strength is enhanced, your sprint better and your lean muscle mass is also enhanced.
- Caffeine – Most people use caffeine as a pick-me-up whenever they are having low energy or sleepy days. Any good pre workout supplements will have caffeine because it also increases muscular endurance, exercise performance, enhances drive and mental focus and increases fat oxidation in the body. You end up burning more fat faster, which leads to a leaner body and faster results.
- Betaine Anhydrous – This is also an amino acid and its main role is to make sure that your muscles fully utilize the oxygen available to them. This means that you are able to lift a great load, do more reps and thus see more gains faster. You also get to enjoy a reduction in body fat, increase lean muscle and synthesize protein better.
- Vitamin B12 –This vitamin is used by the body to properly metabolize food and to also improve the formation of red blood cells. In addition, it maintains the nervous system. When taken in higher doses, such as those that come in a supplement, it can also help you increase your energy levels, enhance recovery time, reduce fatigue and improve mental alertness. All of these factors work together to increase your performance whenever you work out.
- Alpha GPC – This is actually a precursor to acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter found in the body. It plays an important role in improving focus, learning, memory and cognitive function. Alpha GPC also goes a long way in increasing human growth hormone, which helps with recovery and growth of muscles. By taking Alpha GPC, you can be sure that you will have increased focus and drive while working out.