Everyone is a kid at heart. No matter how much a person grows up, in a wee corner of his heart, he rejoices in things that have found been left behind long back. For instance, cake is one such dessert that leaves everyone drooling, be it a kid or an adult. And especially if the cake is embellished with chocolates, it is no less than reminiscent of good old days when the laughter and smiles hardly left our ways.
Given below is the recipe of one of the most popular favourite cakes that everyone digs their hands into, the Kit Kat cake. Bake this delicious Kit Kat cake and bring back the kid in you with every bite. Read on:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
A box of chocolate cake mix
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup milk
1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
1 cup dark chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
36 Kit Kat Sticks
Here’s How You Can Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease two 9-inches round cake pans with flour and place the parchment paper at the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat 4 eggs, one at a time. Now, add cake mix, salt, sugar and flour. Now, add all the remaining ingredients and beat well for another 2 minutes till the mixture is well blended, light and foamy.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured pan and bake the same for 15 to 20 minutes.
Note: Check the doneness of the cake by inserting the toothpick in the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Once the cake is done, let it cool on the wire rack completely. Once cooled, place the cake on the serving plate and tuck strips of waxed paper underneath the sides of the cake.
Prepare the frosting:
- Take a large bowl; beat the butter and cream with an electric mixer in the medium speed until the mixture turns creamy. Gradually, add powdered sugar and beat the mixture at low speed. Now, add vanilla and milk and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- In another microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and put it inside the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes till the chocolates melt and become smooth. Make sure to keep on stirring at 30 seconds intervals.
- Add the melted chocolate to mixture and beat the mixture until it becomes smooth and blended.
- Frost the 1st layer of the cake. Place the second layer on top of the first and then frost the sides too, stick Kit Kat sticks on the sides of the cake.
Note: Leave the space of not more than ¼ inches between the Kit Kat spaces.
- Wrap the bow around the cake to secure the Kit Kats.
- Refrigerate the cake for a couple of hours. Remove the bow just before serving.
- Frost the top layer of the cake with chocolate cream or fill it with Gems marbles.
Your delicious cake is all set to be savoured. Enjoy the cake with your friends and family.