Conduit fittings can be called ‘essential’ for commercial and residential purposes. Construction conduits are used for casing of the different wires with different sizes. You have conduits available in a whole range of materials like PVC, metal, plastic, fiber or fired clay. As metal conduits or PVC conduits are easy to install, work out as a preferred choice in almost all cases. There are various reasons for opting for the conduit fittings and some of them are:
- These offer the required protection to the conductors which are enclosed from moisture, impact, and also vapors of chemicals.
- Alterations in the system of wiring get convenient as in this system the conductors existing can be taken out and new conductors can be put easily.
- The construction and design is simplified as the conduit system can hold many conductors.
The Different Conduit Materials used:
Conduit fittings can be made of:
- Steel: This is available in the non-galvanized and galvanized form and is considered as the heaviest of the conduit fittings available. This is common in industrial and commercial outlets. The process of galvanization offers a zinc coating which is protective. There might be a problem of corrosion in this conduit fitting especially in damp areas. Though steel works out a strong material but you should be aware that this is prone to rust and corrosion.
- PVC Conduit: Being a material which is light in weight, it is easier for the installation purposes. Besides which this material is resistant to corrosion and does not easily break in any atmosphere. The capabilities of PVC are negligible where grounding is concerned. The solution to this problem is using additional grounding.
- Electric Metal Tubing: EMT is a conduit made of metal which is rigid. Being thin walled cannot be compared to galvanized steel. This type of a conduit fitting is either made of aluminum or steel and works out affordable. As this can easily have bent to accommodate specific designs, is a preferred choice for many electricians.
- PVC Coated conduit: PVC coated conduit works out the best choice. The conduit starts off as a steel pipe which is raw, which is threaded and galvanized. After being coated with urethane, the PVC coat is applied. This offers the benefits of PVC and Steel as factors like strength, weight, grounding, durability, protection against corrosion and rust are all looked into. These conduits are specifically designed to offer only the good qualities of conduit materials.
Different Features of Conduit Fittings:
Conduit fittings work well in more than one way as these can:
- Eliminate accident chances which open wires can lead to and also cover the total wiring.
- Conduits can be placed underground and also between the walls covering the total wiring. These tend to be long lasting and rarely require any replacement. Wiring is protected against any damage from external factors.
- Wires can be pulled out or even pass through a conduit.
- Most available conduits tend to be strong and durable.
How to buy Affordable Conduit Fittings:
Reputation of the suppliers of these conduit fittings makes a huge difference to the quality of the conduit. You can take your time and research to find a supplier who can assure you of the quality, that too, at affordable prices. There are many manufacturers listed online which can help you make the right choice. Knowing the above mentioned features of the different affordable conduit fittings, opting for the right ones is convenient. The application and the compatibility are two factors to be considered before you make a choice of a specific conduit fitting. You can get the required conduit fittings shipped to your home in the specified time span without having to make an effort of going to the market to buy these.