If you wish to add some extra feature to the decor of your home’s exterior, in that case outdoor patio blinds would be the perfect option. They do not only make the exterior of your house look great, but at the same time plays a very effective role when it comes to offering shade from the scorching rays of the mid day sun during the summer. Besides, they also help you maintain the privacy by keeping the prying eyes of your neighbors away from your property. The patio blinds are excellent options if you wish to add some extra aesthetic appeal to your property.
These days, you can find a wide range of different types of outdoor patio blinds in the market which includes the followings
- Shade-view patio blinds
- Cafe Blinds
- Window awnings
- Full-block patio blinds
- Privacy screen made of wood or aluminum
With so many different options available, it can be quite confusing when it comes to choosing the best patio blind for your property. In the following section of this article, you will be offered a couple of useful tips which would help you to choose the best the outdoor patio blinds for your property
Patio Blinds – Different Options Available to you
Patio blinds are available for different types of homes. Whether your home is of traditional design or has a contemporary look, you have patios which can fit into all kinds of designs. Here are some of them
- For Contemporary Designs: Talking about the contemporary designs of homes, they usually have plain and neutral colors. For the modern designs, you can opt for the followings
- Matching external blinds
- Automated awnings which are meant to be installed directly over the windows
- Straight drop blinds which can be directly placed over the windows
- Motorized blinds for windows
- For Traditional Designs: These days, it has become a very popular trend to add modernized extensions to the homes with traditional designs. In a traditional design, both contemporary and old designs and styles can be used when it comes to the patio blinds. You can create different appeal by installing window coverings of different style on the front and rear of your house. For outdoor patio blinds, a striped canvas would be absolutely perfect. For the front portion of the house, the followings ideas can be helpful
- Guide blinds with white and black stripes
- Two tone striped automatic guide blinds
- Drop blinds which are straight containing cream and beige stripes
- Straight drop blinds with a canvas of single tone.
- Retro Designs: These are the houses which were constructed between 50s and 80s. In most of the houses with retro designs, both the exterior and the interior has been renovated and remodeled. Therefore, before you choose an outdoor patio blind for these houses, it is very important for you to consider the existing color and the design. You can use the modern blinds in case the house has been renovated. If you wish to maintain the retro look of the house, in that case, you can opt for the different types of colors and designs which would fit best with the existing style. For those houses which were constructed during the 60s and 70s, they have mix of modern and traditional designs. In case of these houses, blinds with neutral colors would be the perfect fit.
Irrespective of the type of outdoor patio blinds you have chosen, one thing is for sure that they are a great investment and would serve you 365 days a year.
Author Bio: I’m Oliva Wilson, a knowledgeable and qualified blogger. I adore writing blog on many topics, like Home Improvement, Pet, Food, Automotive, Business, Health, Lifestyle etc.