Winter is a great time to get those creative juices flowing. Being cooped up inside is a great opportunity to make do it yourself crafts. For Valentine’s day, I made a Date Night Jar. This is a easy, cheap and fun craft, that really lets you be creative. I had fun coming up with different date ideas. Especially for Summer, because I am desperately awaiting its arrival!
The process is simple for this project. Write date night ideas on Popsicle sticks, categorizing them, and place them into the jar, adding a label. When date night rolls around, pull out a Popsicle stick from the category you select and go enjoy your date! This will help with sticking to a weekly date night and also gives you a chance to maybe try something you both have not done. If you have children, involve them by helping you come up with ideas, or create a ‘family’ category!
If you need extra help with thinking of ideas, leave a comment and I will send my list!
Supplies: Popsicle Sticks, Mason Jar, Fabric, Scissors (Not pictured: Mod Podge)First, I cut a square of fabric that would fit the top of the jarThis adds an extra creative touch Next, I printed the label and colored in the blank squares into five separate categories:
1. Stay at home
2. Go out: $ (less expensive)
3. Go out: $$$ (more expensive)
(If you need help with ideas, leave a comment and I will send you my list!)Using Mod Podge, I applied the label onto the jar and let dry I finished my jar by placing the Popsicle sticks in it and tying a ribbon around the lid!
- Popsicle Sticks (Bought mine at Michael’s Craft Store)
- Mason Jar
- Mod Podge
- Your choice of supplies to decorate the jar (Stickers, Ribbon, Fabric, etc.)
How To Make:
1. Categorize your Popsicle sticks into sections. Mine were:
- Stay at home
- Go out: $ (less expensive)
- Go out: $$$ (more expensive)
2. Using a sharpie marker, write down each date idea onto the Popsicle sticks. (Let dry)
3. Make a label if you desire. (Mine can be found HERE from BabyLovingMama)4. Mod-Podge your label onto the jar or punch a hole and tie to ribbon if handmade.5. Decorate the jar however you desire!
Have fun and be creative!