As the last day of February falls upon us, I am ending this month in red. I enjoy prolonging Holidays, mainly so I can forget about the snow and below freezing temperatures outside! I portray the month of February in colors of red and pink, due to Valentine's day. I decided to share one of my tasty and themed recipes that is perfect for snacking and packing in goodie bags!
Last year I made, 'My Heart Pops For You' which is a similar recipe. This year, I tweaked it just a tad, adding in more candy. This recipe is kid friendly and fun to make. Let the kids pick out what candies they want to use to mix in with the popcorn. I chose Cherry flavored M&M's, Candy Hearts, and Cherry flavored Candy Corn. To make this recipe, melt white chocolate morsels in the microwave, pour over the popcorn, and mix in each candy of choice, combining thoroughly. Then using baking sheets, spread the mixture onto them and allow to dry. Then feel free to snack away all you want! This is a great way to put a different twist into popping popcorn!What other occasions could this be made for by incorporating different colored candy?
Ingredients: Cherry flavored M&M's, Red & Pink Candy Corn, 1-2 bags of white chocolate morsels, Candy Hearts, 1-2 bags of popped popcorn.
Pour over popped popcorn in a large bowl and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated
Add in the candy and still until combined Lay out onto baking sheets and allow time for the white chocolate to dry.
- 1 bag of Cherry M&M’s
- 1-2 bags of microwaveable white popcorn (Depending on how much you want to make)
- 1-2 bag of White Chocolate Morsels (Depending on how much you want to make)
- 1 bag/container of red & pink candy corn
- Candy Hearts
- Pop 1-2 bags of popcorn according to directions and empty into a large bowl (remove kernels)
- Microwave the White Chocolate Morsels according to package
- Pour the Chocolate over the popcorn and mix until covered using a spatula or wooden spoon
- Add the bag of M&M’s , candy corn, and candy hearts
- Mix thoroughly into popcorn mixture
- Spread on large baking sheet to allow time to dry before placing in bags