It has been awhile since I made a crock-pot meal. I recently got back into the mood and made Asian Shredded Chicken. It requires a handful of ingredients, which most I already had. I love easy crock-out recipes. This was minimal preparation, I did not even have to thaw the chicken. I threw in frozen chicken breasts and the crock-pot took care of it! When the recipe was done, the dinner was delicious. I topped the shredded chicken with green onions and made instant white rice to complete the dish. The portion size is big, so there was no need for a side. I had leftovers for the next couple days which always comes in handy!
Ingredients: 3 garlic cloves, green onion, water, sugar, ginger, soy sauce, chicken breasts or thighs, balsamic vinegar, corn starch and hot sauce.
Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours OR high for 3-4 hours.
Turn heat to high (if it wasn’t already) and cook for another 20 minutes (or until sauce thickens a little bit).
Mix in the sauce until combined.
Serve over rice topped with green onion.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I used mine frozen)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Instant white rice (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and 1/2 cup water in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours OR high for 3-4 hours.
- Once done cooking, pull chicken out and place on large plate.
- Mix together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and pour into remaining liquid in the slow cooker.
- Turn heat to high (if it wasn’t already) and cook for another 20 minutes (or until sauce thickens a little bit).
- Shred chicken and add back into liquid in slow cooker.
- Serve over rice, topped with green onions.