Since making my ‘No Dough Pizza‘ recipe, I was on the lookout for a different way of making the crust. I also wanted this to have no flour and keep it healthy. I found a vegetable that would be a great alternative: cauliflower. At first, I thought this would be impossible. But once I started thinking about it, the idea had a lot of potential. The cooking process is very simple: I grated the cauliflower and mixed with cheese, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using parchment paper, I spread the mixture into a 10-12 inch size round. It baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes, then was topped with my choice of ingredients and baked again until golden brown and done.
I was so happy with how this turned out. Unlike the ‘No Dough Pizza,’ this cauliflower crust was not as soft. The taste was so delicious and definitely tasted like a pizza. What a great alternative to the high-carb regular pizza we all eat. This cauliflower pizza is perfect if you are cutting back on gluten and are looking for healthier alternatives!
Ingredients: Nonstick spray, 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, 1 large egg, 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup grape tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. *Fresh basil leaves, olive, pepperoni, onion (your choice of toppings) optional.
Slice the tomatoes in half.
Add the egg mixture to the bowl of cauliflower.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
Top with basil, parmesean cheese, other ingredients to your liking, if desired and serve.
- Nonstick spray
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, olive, pepperoni, onion (your choice of toppings) optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles.
- Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan.
- Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes.
- Top with basil or other choice of ingredients before serving.