As far as snacking goes, it does not get much better than Puppy Chow. I have always wanted to try a different flavor of puppy chow instead of the original chocolate. Since it is summer and everything is so sweet, I thought Lemon Puppy Chow would hit the spot. The secret ingredient used is called lemon curd. By adding this, it turns the rice chex cereal into a lemon tarte, tasting treat!
Lemon puppy chow is a very simple snack that will make any sweet tooth crave more! Not many ingredients are required and the recipe makes a lot. It would be a hit at a party, on a road trip, or even at a get together.
If you are a lemon junkie like me, then make this snack as soon as possible!
Ingredients: Rice chex cereal, powdered sugar, lemon curd and white morsels.
(Not pictured: Butter)
Melt white chocolate, butter, and lemon curd in a small saucepan over low heat.
Stir constantly until combined.
Pour Rice Chex into a large paper bag and pour melted lemon mixture over cereal.
Fold the bag to seal and shake to coat cereal.
Add powdered sugar to paper bag and shake once more to coat.
Spread out on cookie sheet to cool.
Once completely cooled, store in air-tight containers.
Or feel free to eat all of it like I almost did!
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup White chocolate chips or candy melts
- 1/2 cup Lemon curd
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1. Melt white chocolate, butter, and lemon curd in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 2. Pour Rice Chex into a large paper bag (grocery size) and pour melted lemon mixture over cereal.
- Fold the bag to seal and shake to coat cereal.
- 3. Add powdered sugar to paper bag and shake once more to coat.
- 4. Spread out on cookie sheet to cool; once completely cool, store at room temperature in airtight containers.