Summer desserts are hands down the best out of all the seasons. I was craving a sweet summer dessert, so I decided to make my own version of Strawberry Shortcake. This is one of the easiest (not to mention cheap!) dessert recipes to make. All that is needed are: strawberries, sugar, angel cake dessert cups and ice cream, which is optional.
I mashed the strawberries and mixed them with 1/4 cup of sugar. I then poured the mixture over the angel cake dessert cups and that was it! This is a great dessert to quickly whip up or to bring to any gathering! I love having vanilla ice cream as a side to add to it.
Summer is so short: we need to enjoy what is left of it….especially the desserts!
Cheap ingredients: 1 container of strawberries, 1 package of angel cake dessert cups and 1/4 cup of sugar.
Slice out the inside of the strawberries with a knife. Mash them. My technique was to chop them into tiny pieces and then mash them together. I like the texture to be thick, so I made the strawberries to be chunky.
Add 1/4 cup of sugar.
Mix sugar and strawberries together in a bowl, until combined.
Pour on top of the dessert cup. Add however much you want! You are then good to go and eat it as is. For me, I always like to add some vanilla ice cream!
A scoop of vanilla ice cream makes this sweet and delicious dessert!
What You Need:
- 1 container of strawberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 package (6) of Angel Cake Dessert Cups
- Ice Cream (optional with your choice of flavor: I personally love vanilla!)
How To Make:
- Slice out the insides of each strawberry and rinse in a strainer.
- Chop the strawberries and mash them into a bowl until desired texture.
- Add the 1/4 cup of sugar to the strawberries and mix until combined.
- Pour over the Angel Cake Dessert Cups.
- Optional: Add ice cream as a side.