My second recipe I made for the 4th of July was Firecracker Pretzel Bark. It is very similar to My Heart Pops For You (for Valentine’s Day) and my Bunny Bait (for Easter) recipe. I love this recipe because you can make it for any occasion and/or Holiday. So the ingredients are simple and cheap. The only roadblock I had was trying to find themed Red, White & Blue M&M’s. I know they exist, but where? After searching at least three different stores, Derek thought of using M&M Mini’s and picking out the red and blue chips. Desperate, I agreed and tried it out.
I love using the M&M Mini’s for this recipe. They do not fall out of the bark as much as the regular sized M&M’s when you break the bark into pieces. I felt I could also see the colors better because more fit into the mixture. It was a genius idea and I now have other colors to save for other upcoming celebrations.
This Firecracker Pretzel Bark was a hit at the 4th of July party we went to. We also brought this along with the Patriotic Puffs to snack on while waiting for fireworks to start.
It makes a lot so prepare for leftovers. They can be sealed in a rubber-maid and will last for a long time to come!
Looks like the 4th of July just got prolonged!
Ingredients: Pretzel sticks, M&M Mini’s (I picked out the red & blue chips), and vanilla white baking chips.
Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add the pretzels and M&M’s. Heat the baking chips according to package and pour over pretzels and M&M’s.
Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s on top of the mixture.
I used a spoon to help mix and smooth out the mixture.
Place in freezer to harden. I let mine sit overnight and it was good to go in the morning.
The spread should be completely hardened.
Break into pieces. I used my hands for this.
- 1 pkg of white chocolate (vanilla white) morsels
- 1 bag of M&M Mini’s. (I could not find the themed 4th of July M&M’s for the life of me, so I bought the Mini’s and picked out the red & blue ones.)
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- Parchment paper
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, crunch pretzel sticks by hand and sprinkle with M&M’s on the cookie sheet. (Save some extra M&M’s for topping in step 3)
- Heat chocolate according to directions. (I used the microwave. Make sure to stir after each cycle)
- Pour chocolate evenly on top of pretzels and M&M’s. Sprinkle remaining M&M’s on top.
- Place in the freezer until hardened.
- Break into pieces and store in a freezer safe container in the freezer until ready to eat.