So I gave in to the Kale fad. I have seen so many different recipes for kale and always wondered what the hype was. I finally decided to make “Kale Chips.” This is the easiest recipe I have ever tried. It really isn’t even a recipe! All I had to do was wash the fresh kale, place on a cookie sheet, add olive oil and salt, then bake in the oven. It only took 12 minutes to bake and you can eat them right away once cooled.
This is a great alternative to potato chips, candy, anything with sugar. I love this for a snack. I cannot wait to make more of this to munch on and not feel guilty about it!
If the kale is fresh, wash, break into pieces and dry
Drizzle the kale with olive oil and spread evenly using your fingers
Sprinkle salt over the kale, to add taste
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Make sure to watch, so the kale will not burn
The kale will be crispy once done
Let cool and eat right away
What You Need:
- Kale: Fresh or in a bag
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cookie sheet
How To Make:
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Spread the kale out on a cookie sheet.
- If you are using fresh kale, wash it, dry it and tear into pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil on the kale, enough to cover. This is best done with your hands.
- Sprinkle salt on top.
- Bake in the oven, for 12-15 minutes. Watch to make sure it does not burn!