Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Green is the theme today! Me being the Holiday obsessed woman that I am, was excited for St. patty’s. Of course I did not want to get pinched, so I wore my green socks, shirt and scarf. It felt refreshing pulling some colors that reminded me of spring out of the closet. We went to Church to attend a class and afterwards cruised on over to Mc Donald’s. I have ALWAYS wanted to try a Shamrock Shake, but never got the opportunity. It was my mission this year. Definitely not on my diet and yes I know how many calories are in one of these. I am not proud of that, but hey I have not been to a fast food place in over a year. I am VERY proud of that. So I was happy and got my shake and found out what all the hype was about after my first sip. So delicious! It tasted like a lime-minty flavor. Soon after that shake was devoured, I felt sick to my stomach. I am not used to all the sugar and this was a very good reminder to stay away from fast food. I am glad I can now say I have tried the Shamrock shake, but that might be the first and last time!
So in honor of St. Patty’s day, I am also writing about a scrumptious recipe called Broccoli Bites that I adapted from Stacy Snacks. I was blown away by this quick recipe. It took me no more than 10 minutes to prepare. It was so delicious and made a lot which were perfect for leftovers. Take a look at the simple ingredients and how easy it is to prepare and bake!
What You Need:
- 16 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained of liquid (I thawed mine in the microwave for 4 minutes)
- 1 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese (I used a combination of cheddar and mozzerella)
- 3 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
How To Make:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- With your hands, form small patties and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes, turning the patties after the first 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!