For the first time ever, we purchased lamb chops. I was hesitant because I had no idea how to make them, but wanted to try them out! I got home and researched how to make lamb chops. It was a lot easier than I thought! I found this wonderful recipe, with ingredients I already had, so how could I go wrong! After watching the video, to make sure I could not possibly mess this up, I threw the ingredients together for the marinade. After about 45 minutes of marinating in the refrigerator, my boyfriend threw the chops on the grill and cooked them to perfection. Each lamb chop was grilled for 10 minutes on each side. I like mine medium-well done. They were marvelous! I forgot to take picture of the final result, because I was so excited about eating them, but I promise it does not disappoint!
The simple ingredients for the marinade and 2 lamb chops
I mixed all the ingredients together in a small bowl
I then, poured the ingredients into a gallon sized bag with both lamb chops and rubbed the marinate on them
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed of all visible fat
- In a small bowl stir together the first 7 ingredients.
- Put the lamb chops in a seal-able plastic bag and pour the marinade over them.
- Move the chops around in the bag so the marinade coats them well.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Grill the chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.