Lately I have been all about slow cooker meals. I think it is a combination of how easy they are and the fall weather. I love preparing a crock-pot recipe and let it cook while I am at work. I recently discovered a recipe for beef and broccoli on bsrecipe. I had most of the ingredients and knew this would be a great recipe to try out. It really could not be any easier to prepare and make. It makes a lot of sauce, so if you want less sauce, then I would half the recipe. Otherwise, make enough rice to accommodate the sauce. There will be leftovers! The beef and broccoli tasted better than a restaurant or buffet. I am a huge Chinese food fan and I would eat this any day rather than the restaurant, it is THAT GOOD!
Ingredients: Brown sugar, meat, minced garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, corn starch beef consumme and broccoli (not pictured)
I sliced the meat into strips and put them in the crock-pot
I combined the beef consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic in a small bowl (mixing with a fork)
I then poured the sauce over the meat, covered and set the crock-pot on low for 6-8 hours
Once cooked, I added the broccoli and corn starch mixture back into the crock-pot and covered for an additional 30 minutes on high
Once cooked, I served over white instant rice
The picture does not do this recipe justice!
What You Need:
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked instant white rice
How to Make:
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine.
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.