I made a very easy, cheap, quick and healthy stuffed red bell pepper recipe the other day. This was my first time making stuffed peppers. The prep time took about 10 minutes and bake time was only 8. The final result was delicious and one to keep for the cooking books!
The combined ground beef mixture
The seedless red peppers spread out on a cookie sheet
I used my tablespoon to disperse the mixture into the peppers
Sprinkled with cheddar cheese
After 8 minutes in the oven…cheese is melted and peppers are ready to eat
The end result, delicious!
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 16 oz jar salsa (your favorite flavor. I used corn and beans)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Heat oven to 350. Cut bell peppers in half, rinse and remove seeds.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef with onions.
- Add minced garlic, chili powder and cumin and stir and cook 1 minute. Stir in salsa and rice.
- Place cut bell peppers on a cookie sheet and divide beef mixture evenly among them.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream